SNAP! SHARE! WIN! Enter Otay’s New Year Instagram Photo Contest
California is in a drought, and the Otay Water District is helping to make the community aware of water-saving efforts through a photo contest! You can help by sharing one way you plan to save more water in the new year by entering Otay’s New Year Instagram Photo Contest. Consider making it your New Year’s resolution to increase water-use efficiency in 2022. The District is promoting the contest to mainly its customers, but it is also open to those living in the United States who are eligible. For eligibility and rules, and to enter for a chance to win a gift card, see details below.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Follow Us: opens in a new windowFollow @OtayWater on Instagram.
- Upload Photo: Take a photo that represents one way you plan to save more water in the new year and upload it to your Instagram. Your page must be public for us to view the photo.
- Caption with a Hashtag: In the caption of your post, you must include a short description of your resolution and use the following hashtag: #OtaySaveWaterResolution. Including how much water you could save, could help your entry.
- Invite Your Friends: Your photo entry will be uploaded to Otay’s Instagram. Invite your friends to visit Otay’s page and like your entry. Remember, the earlier you submit, the better your chances of winning!
- Note: Whether or not you have an Instagram account, you can enter your photos the same way through Facebook or Twitter instead of Instagram. Your account must be public, and the same account must also follow Otay. Otay staff will upload all entries with the #OtaySaveWaterResolution to Otay’s Instagram as part of the contest.
- Contest is open for submissions from Dec. 20, 2021 through Jan. 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. PST. If your photo is not submitted by the deadline, you will not be entered into the contest.
- Voting closes on Feb. 4, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. PST. — so, get your friends and followers to vote!
- Winners will be announced the week of Feb. 14, 2022.
First, second and third place winners will be selected for each of the two categories below. The District will then verify the address of each winner. Note: a customer is someone who lives or has a business within the Otay Water District service area and receives water-related services from the District.
Category 1 – Photo with most likes on Otay’s Instagram page
Category 2 – Photo selected by Otay staff based on theme, originality and creativity
Customer Winners: If a winner is an Otay Water District customer, they will receive a gift card from a restaurant in the District’s service area. The winner may choose the restaurant, but gift cards must be available. First place: $75; second place: $50; third $25.
Non-Customer Winners: If a winner is not an Otay Water District customer, their prize will then be an Amazon gift card sent through email. First place: $50; second place: $35; third $20.
- Participants must be age 18 or over to enter. Winners will be asked to show proof of age.
- Participants must live within the United States.
- Photos must use the hashtag #OtaySaveWaterResolution associated with the contest to qualify.
- Photos may be in color, black and white, and/or may use filters.
- Entry photos will be posted to the Otay Water District’s Instagram page upon the District’s discretion.
- Accounts must be made public. We will NOT be able to view entries from private Instagram accounts.
- Employees and Board members of the Otay Water District and their immediate families are not eligible for prizes but may contribute images. Winning submissions of these kinds may be selected separately.
- Once a submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name (or User ID, if the contestant wishes to remain anonymous), photo entry and location may be published on Otay’s Instagram page or other publications.
- Contestants will need to provide a full name and mailing address to the District to verify whether the winner is in the District’s service area. The District may need to verify Otay customers through the billing account number. The District will not share the address but may share the general location.
- The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- Submitting a photo indicates you have read and understood the rules and are knowingly and voluntarily participating in the contest.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the photo. The contestant further affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to use all material in the photo and that no copyright or other intellectual property rights are violated by the submission. The contestant assumes sole responsibility for the photo and the material contained in it and for the consequences of the submission.
- Photo submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, incitement to violence, commercial solicitation, or commercial promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to groups, individuals, or institutions. Submissions must be suitable for a public audience.
- The Otay Water District is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected photos.
- The Otay Water District reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria or to contest rules.
- The Otay Water District reserves the right to delete/discard submissions that don’t adhere to contest rules and disclaimers.
- The Otay Water District reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the contest or take any action in its best interest.
- By entering the photo contest, participants grant the Otay Water District and those authorized by it, a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce the entries in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational programs, publications, PowerPoint presentations, publicity efforts, and all other standards the Otay Water District purposes. Participants consent to the Otay Water District’s use of their names in any list of winners and for promotional purposes in any media without payment or further consideration.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Otay Water District will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- The Otay Water District assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download, or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. The Otay Water District assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with participation in the contest.
- All participants shall hold the Otay Water District and its sponsors, directors, officers, employees, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with participant’s entrance in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of participants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. Participants are solely responsible for their entries.
- Participants agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the contest’s rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by the appropriate court located in San Diego County. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California.