Start or Terminate Service

Water Agency Search

Our water agency search tool is currently unavailable. To locate your water provider, please visit

Start Service

To ensure uninterrupted service, if you have or are about to move to a property with water and/or sewer service provided by the Otay Water District, please contact Customer Service to have the account(s) transferred into your name.

There is a set-up fee for this service, which will appear on the first bill. This charge covers staff time needed to read the meter and input the new information in the District’s computer system.

In addition to the set-up fee, renters and other non-owners applying for service will be charged a deposit due within 7 days from the start of service. The size of the meter determines the amount of the deposit.  The deposit will be refunded after one year, provided the account shows no more than one late payment. For customers with more than one delinquency, or who terminate service within the first year, the closing bill will be deducted from the deposit. Any outstanding charges will be billed and any remaining deposit will be refunded to the customer.

Water Agency Search

Clear input content

Terminate Service

It is the responsibility of the account holder to notify the District of when to discontinue service prior to the requested closing date. We will continue to bill the account holder for water/sewer service until we are notified the service should be terminated.

Any unauthorized water/sewer used between account holders is ultimately the responsibility of the property owner.

To start or stop service you may use the online form by clicking on the button above or by contacting Customer Service at (619) 670-2222opens phone dialer. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Please note we cannot accommodate same day, holiday, or weekend requests.