opens in a new windowTurf Replacement Program
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California’s Turf Replacement Program offers $2.00 per square foot to qualified residents and businesses who replace their turf with water-efficient landscaping features. For more information and to apply, click opens in a new windowhere.
NOTE: Please do not start your turf removal project until you have applied to the program and received an official notice to proceed.
opens in a new windowIndoor
– High-Efficiency Washers (HEW) | up to $135
– High-Efficiency Toilets (PHET) | $40 (1.1gpf or less)
– opens in a new windowState Rebate | $100 (1.28gpf or less) – Funding depleted
opens in a new windowOutdoor
– Rain Barrel | $35 per barrel (maximum of 2)
– Cistern | $250 (200-500 gallon capacity) (maximum of 1)
– Cistern | $300 (501-999 gallon capacity) (maximum of 1)
– Cistern | $350 (1,000+ gallon capacity) (maximum of 1)
– Weather Based Irrigation Controller (WBIC) | up to $120 (under 1 irrigated acre)
– Weather Based Irrigation Controller (WBIC) | $35 (per station over 1 irrigated acre)
– Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles | $2 per nozzle (minimum of 30)
– Moisture Sensor | $80 ($35 per irrigation controller)
NOTE: Supplemental incentives are limited to the actual device cost (actual device cost is the retail price of the device excluding tax, shipping, labor, or other charges).
opens in a new windowPlumbing Fixtures
– Premium High-Efficiency Toilets | $40/Toilet
– Ultra Low and Zero Water Urinals | $200
– Plumbing Flow Control Valves | $5/Valve (minimum of 10)
opens in a new windowLandscaping Equipment
– Irrigation Controller | $35/Irrigation Controller Station
– Soil Moisture Sensor Systems | $35/Irrigation Controller Station
– Rotating Nozzles for Pop-up Spray Heads | $2/Nozzle
– Large Rotary Nozzles | $13/Set
– In-Stem Flow Regulators | $1/Regulator
opens in a new windowFood Equipment
– Air-cooled Ice Machines | $1,000
– Connectionless Food Steamers | $485/Compartment
opens in a new windowWaterscape Rebate Program
(FOR CUSTOMERS LIVNG IN UNINCORPORATED AREAS)
From your landscape to your hardscape – and everything in-between! – the County of San Diego partnered with the San Diego County Water Authority, Otay Water District, and other regional water agencies to launch the new Waterscape Rebate Program, which offers high-value rebates to help upgrade residential and commercial customers’ outdoor spaces while saving money and water!
Property owners in unincorporated areas can receive:
– Rebates starting at $3 and up to $6 per sq ft to replace high-water use turf with water-smart plants.
– $80 towards the purchase of weather-based irrigation controllers (WBIC) or $60 per WBIC station.
– Up to $2,100 to capture rain through a rain barrel, cistern, garden, or other rain-saving feature.
– Rebates starting at $3 per sq. ft plus customized landscape design services to transform large turf areas with water-wise landscaping (minimum of 10,000 sq. ft of turf).
– Up to $5,000 per grower to install irrigation upgrades recommended by an expert during a free Agricultural Irrigation Efficiency evaluation.
– $100 to pump your home’s septic tank and prevent costly repairs.
– $15 per sq. ft to upgrade old driveways and parking lots with pavers or porous pavement.
opens in a new windowWaterSmart Contractor Incentive Program (WSCIP)
WSCIP is a large landscape and technology-focused program, which targets qualified landscape contractors and self-managed sites. WSCIP offers four incentivized water-efficient devices, that when installed in combination, are among the irrigation industry’s best management practices. The four devices include the following:
– Smart Irrigation Controllers | $35/Station
– High-Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles | $6/Nozzle
– Flow Sensors | $60/Sensor
– Drip Irrigation | $0.20/ Square Foot
Bundling these four items leads to the greatest water efficiency, but at least two items must be installed to participate in the rebate program. This program is co-funded by San Diego County Water Authority and the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. opens in a new windowFor more information and to apply, click here.