Water conservation is voluntary. However, the following practices remain in effect:
- Please prevent water waste resulting from inefficient irrigation, such as runoff or overspray. This includes stopping water flows onto non-targeted areas such as adjacent property, sidewalks, driveways, roadways, or structures.
- Restaurants and other food service establishments should continue to serve and refill water in only upon request.
- Hotels, motels, and other commercial lodging establishments must offer guests the option of not laundering towels and linens daily.
- Fountains or other decorative water features must re-circulated water.
- When washing automobiles, motorhomes, boats or recreational vehicles, a hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle is required.
- Irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians can only be performed using recycled water. The “median” is the center strip of land in the roadway.
- Repair all water leaks within 48 hours of notification by the District.
- Irrigation is not allowed during a rainstorm, or for 48 hours after one-quarter inch or more of rainfall is measured at Lindbergh Field.
- No washing down of paved surfaces including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or patios, except when necessary to alleviate safety or sanitation hazards.